Friday, April 17, 2015

Low Calorie Gluten Free Protein Batter! For Muffins/Cakes/Donuts/Pancakes!

 I'm always looking for a cakey protein batter for donuts, muffins, pancakes, etc, but a lot of the time, protein recipes just turn out rubbery and dry! BUTTTTT not this batter! Finally nailed it! Maybe it's because I used the Quest Protein Powder which is a blend of different proteins!

Ingredients:
Dry:
  • 1 cup oat flour (this may take more than 1 cup of actual oats. Blend up about 1.5 cup oats, and then measure out the 1 cup of oat flour)
  • 3 scoops Quest Nutrition Protein (vanilla)
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 1 pinch salt
  • 1/2 cup Erythritol (sweetener)
  • 1/2 tsp cnnamon
Wet:
  • 3/4 cup natural applesauce
  • 1/2 cup greek yogurt
  • 1/2 cup almond milk
  • 1 egg + 1/4 cup egg white
  • 1 TBS nut butter
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
 Method:
  • Preheat the oven to 350 F
  • Mix the dry ingredients together first, then set aside
  • Mix the wet ingredients in a different bowl
  • Mix the wet and dry ingredients together
  • Now you decide! You can make them as muffins, donuts, cupcakes, a cake, pancakes, whatever!
  • ALSO, these are very versatile! Add whatever you want to them before you pop them in the oven! Dried cranberries, coconut shreds, nuts, chocolate chips, etc!
  • Bake at 350 F for 15-20 minutes (depending on what size you made them, continuously check and take them out once you can poke a toothpick or knife through and it comes out clean!)
  • Then you can frost with any topping you want! Nutbutters, protein frosting (pretty much protein powder mixed with water until a frosting consistency), nutella, light cream cheese frosting, etc! Possibilities are endless!
  • NOTE: these will not taste as good the next day, especially if they are left out. Try to finish them the day they're made! Give them to friends!
  • This makes 18 servings! Each serving with the nutritional info below:

16 comments :

  1. Yes!!! That's it...I am investing in a donut maker!!! I could just make them as muffins, but donuts are so much more fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, I'm going to make a single-serving batch out of this with mashed banana!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can I use stevia packets for the sweetener instead?

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a hot and sexy girls... i love it!!

    Pretty nice post. I have in fact enjoyed reading your website posts. I have been googling blogs and sites in related manner recently and i have to state you have a nice
    flipkart coupon


    ReplyDelete
  6. read all the posts back to back when I saw it first timevery nice read!! Thank you!RegardsYou are not Testo Factor Xthe average blog writer, man. You certainly have something important to add to the World Wide Web. Such a special blog. I will come back again for more.I admire the useful information and facts you
    http://www.healthcaresdiscussion.com/testo-factor-x/

    ReplyDelete
  7. or the dangerous grammar, however this weblog is hideous! I mean, I dont need to sound like a know-it-all or something, but might you could have possibly put a little bit more effort into this subject. Its really attention-grabbing, however you dont signify it nicely in any respect, man. Anyway, in my language, there usually are not much good supply like this.Cerebria
    Assets just like the one you mentioned here will likely be very helpful to me! Ill submit a hyperlink to this page on my blog. I am sure my guests will discover that very useful. Massive thanks for the helpful info i found on Area News Anyway, in my language, there will not be a lot good source like this.I was looking for essential information on this subject.
    http://www.supplements4help.com/cerebria/

    ReplyDelete
  8. like this on one of my blogs and this has given me an idea. Thank you.I can see that you are putting a lotsNeuroplex Pro of efforts into your blog. Keep posting the good work.Some really helpful information in there. Bookmarked. Nice to see your site. ThanksI really enjoy this design you have got going on on your web site. What is the name of the template by the way? I was thinking of using this style for the blog I am going to build for my class project.Is it alright to put part of this on my page if I include a reference to this web page?Hello! http://www.healthsupreviews.com/neuroplex-pro/

    ReplyDelete
  9. The article has actually peaks my interest. I'm goinHey site owner, I like blogengine.net but why didXtrasize you chose it? I mean its so neat with the random avatars and draws people in, but what speficially made you want to install it?
    To what degree do punks beg borrow or steal
    .http://realcemasculinobr.com/xtrasize/

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think it is everyone else out there that isnt taking notice.
    The above writing was Neuro Eliteoutstanding. I find it very remarkable and I will certainly forward this to my buddies on the world wide web. Anyway, thank you for sharing this.This can be a truly good study for me, Should confess that youre one of the very best bloggers I ever saw.Thanks for posting this informative write-up.Good to be going to your blog once more,
    http://www.supplements4help.com/neuro-elite/

    ReplyDelete
  11. I read your blog and I noticed some useful tips from this post.
    It's really a nice blog.

    Goji Berry Magro

    ReplyDelete
  12. If you are in a similar situation, it is important to note that many of the initial values are high potassium readings on false facts. Blood cells can break during or shortly after the blood test, Probiotic America which makes potassium, which lab tests and actual leak falsely increase the appearance results. This is a general problem that doctors strongly to the need of a blood test for the diagnosis of the last iteration.

    Find Your Offer And Save 15% | http://www.hits4slim.com/probiotic-america.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. These moles might be irregular in dimensions and coloration and that is what makes them such a wellness threat. If you have been born with this problem you could also be more probably to develop Melanoma and so you might need to get the needed precautions when it comes to guarding your skin and your health. see page

    ReplyDelete

  14. Fall in love with this sensual scent and exotic aroma of roses to make your day perfect.
    rose scented perfumes

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very informative blog actually. These days nutrition has been one of the main thing in individual life. Alternatively, check fitness lifestyle for more tips.

    ReplyDelete